Would you commission a theme?

Monday, October 19, 2009

and....SAFE!!!!!!!!!

Well, by a stroke of geniouse on my part, I got my computer working again without the need to delete anything! I now know exactly what was wrong. A rootkit had taken over anati.sys driver, a highly critical driver, and was denying access to it.

How I fixed it: I loaded up my broken computer on a port of WinPE called Active@ Boot Disc and copied the entire C: drive to a WD 1Terrabyte drive. On a whim, I plugged the drive into my brothers netbook and scanned the entire thing with Kaspersky AV. IT FOUND A ROOTKIT IN DRIVER ANATI.SYS!!! I searched my brothers netbook for the drive and copied it to a flash drive, put it into the broken PC and replaced the original infected driver with the netbooks driver. I re-booted the computer fully expecting it to blue-screen again, BUT IT LOADED UP!


Yea, so now stuff is workin and the themes can roll on! I am making final preperations to release Skull's Soul theme! Just in time for Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment